- Rinse gently with Chlorhexidine 0.12% mouthwash for 30 seconds, three times per day and let it fall into the sink. Do not spit.
- Following surgery, begin brushing and flossing untreated areas.
- AVOID THE SURGICAL SITES until given specific brushing instructions at your post-operative visit.
- Following surgery, chew with the other side and AVOID CHEWING ON SURGICAL SITE.
- Please AVOID HARD/CRUSTY foods until instructed to do so at a post-operative visit.
- Softer diet such as yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, dietary supplements (i.e. instant breakfast, Ensure), fish, pasta, mashed potatoes, and meatloaf are best during initial healing.
- AVOID peroxide, alcohol, spitting, and drinking through the straw until you are instructed to do so at a following post-operative visit.
- Slight bleeding or oozing is normal during the first two days following surgery. If excessive bleeding occurs, apply pressure with moist gauze or tea bag for 20-30 minutes. Repeat process if needed.
- Localized mild swelling is normal. It should start to get better gradually after third day. If swelling starts to get worse after third day, please call our office.
- Continue medication as instructed by your physician. Some post-operative discomfort is anticipated. Please ALTERNATE 600-800 mg Ibuprofen with acetaminophen (Tylenol) 500 mg every 3 hours for the next 5-7 days to minimize discomfort.
- It is normal for sutures to become slightly loose. They will be removed at a following post-operative visit, as needed.
- It is normal for it to become loose or fall out any time between the day of surgery and your next post-operative visit. Do NOT remove it on your own, when intact.
Dr. Ettel did gum grafting three times, in 3 different places in my mouth. The work healed beautifully!
I recently had gum surgery. They were extremely gentle. I never had to wait for longer than 5 minutes from the time of appointment.
My visit was very pleasant and professional. Considering how afraid I am, I continue to come here because of the gentle treatment I receive with sedation. I was informed of each step taken which I also enjoy. This is the best dental office and I tell others this often. Thank you!
I'm very happy with the service the hygienists provide and plan to keep coming back. 5 extra stars to the Polish hygienist; she's awesome and super friendly and takes the stress away from having someone poking around in your mouth.
It was actually the most comfortable dental experience I've ever had. The staff takes time to talk to the patients and let's you know what's going on while they do the work. I'd recommend this place to everyone! Great experience.